SEPTEMBER: CHERRY AND APPLE BLOSSOMS
- Come and view the unique and beautiful cherry and apple blossoms during September.
NOVEMBER: CHERRY PICKING
- Cherry season is from mid-October to end-November and come and experience the picking of the cherries
JANUARY TO APRIL: APPLE PICKING
- Apple picking takes place from January to April.
MAY – AUGUST: PRUNING OF TREES
THROUGH-OUT THE YEAR:
- Fly Fishing:
- Fish in three different dams, fishing is allowed on a catch & release basis.
- Strickly fly fishing! No spinners or rapalas.
- You can stroll up the mountain at a leisurely pace, from where you can see for miles up to the Lesotho Maluti mountains. Both sides of the mountain offer spectacular views.
- Bird Watching:
- Enjoy the quietness of nature and do some bird watching.
- Fauna and Flora
- There are the most wonderful indigenous flora and fauna to explore against the slopes of the hills!
- 4×4 Tracks:
- The 4×4 tracks leads you to the top of the Sandstone mountains to enjoy a magnificent view from the top of the mountain
- Mountain Biking:
- If you want to do something more active, you could bring mountain bikes for cycling on the farm or along the farm roads and through the cherry orchards. You could also follow the 4×4 track and cycle to the top of the mountains.
- There are very few places as beautiful as the Eastern Free State. If you are a photographer this is the ideal place, you can point your camera in any direction and c capture unforgettable experiences!
- Places to go & things to see:
- Clarens (40km)
- Ficksburg (50km)
- Surrender hill (25km)
- Fouriesburg (16km)
- Lesotho Border (20km)
- Afriski (90km)
- Sandstone Estate Train Rides (45 km)