The unique location in the Eastern Freestate with a view overlooking the dam and with the Maluti and Witteberg Mountains in the background sets the tone for an unforgettable wedding and weekend. A passionate management team with the mission to create dream weddings ensure a memorable occasion for your special day.
Welgelegen Cherry Estate is the perfect estate on an apple and cherry orchard for your exclusive event.
The day begins in the private Bridal Room, where the bridal party can make all the necessary preparations hours before the ceremony begins. At that special time, the wedding party will commence through a beautiful walkway over the dam that leads to the ceremonial aisle. Here we have 3 options with the stage set and the bride will emerge from the Bridal Suite’s walkway over the dam and be escorted to the ceremony by her bridesmaids, where the family member or friend will be waiting to hand her over to her husband-to-be. This tranquil staging area sets the mood and tempo for the wedding.
- Your guests will have a full view of the ceremony from the lush grass surrounding the aisle and the dam and the beautiful sandstone mountains. If your ceremony is on the deck over the dam, the guests will have a breath-taking view of the Maluti mountains are the ceremony’s backdrop.
- In the Cherry Orchards with beautiful white blossoms or ripe cherries or with the beautiful orange and brown leaves in autumn will charm your guest and will provide an experience they will never forget.
- In the event of rain, we have a Plan B. The ceremony will be held in the Sandstone Chapel, with the dam and mountains are a beautiful backdrop to the ceremony or if you choose, the ceremony can be in the Sandstone Chapel from the start.
Immediately following the ceremony, your guests will be escorted to the covered outdoor patio of the Venue, adjacent to the dam where the cocktail and canape hour will be held. It is here that your guests will socialize with appetizers and welcoming beverages while taking in the sun as it sets over the Witteberg Mountains and the Maluti Mountains.
Once the bride and groom are ready to be announced, your guests will be directed to our Reception Area for seating accommodations. Here, your party will toast, dine on preparations from our chef, and dance, while having access to a bar in the corner and the evening breeze on the Cocktail Patio.
Dates are available for all seasons. Depending on the time of year, we recommend commencing the ceremony at the following times:
At Welgelegen we will ensure that your dream day will be an unforgettable and relaxed experience, because:
- The Venue is exclusively yours for the entire weekend.
- The luxurious onsite Bridal Suite is intimate and private and is positioned at the foot of the mountains. The Bridal Suite is perfect for that special evening and is used for the bride to be turned into a Princess for her DREAM DAY.
- Luxurious accommodation for 76 guests is available on the farm.
- A Friday night braai with friends and family to start the weekend celebrations the evening before the wedding.
- A “Say Goodbye” Sunday morning breakfast.
- The venue offers wonderful views of the sandstone cliffs overlooking the dam with exceptional hues during sunset.
- Spectacular photo opportunities will ensure that your photos will capture the unique memories of your dream wedding.
- Welgelegen provides a relaxed farm and country atmosphere on a working cherry and apple farm and the farm.
- We take pride in our in-depth planning which will ensure a stress-free and memorable wedding.